What if your name is not included in the Final draft of NRC Assam?
The Complete Draft NRC consisting of names of all eligible applicants has been published on 30h July 2018 at 10:00 AM.
For any mistake, your name may not be included in the complete NRC Draft. For that, you must have to submit your claims and objection application at your LRCR(Local Register of Citizenship Registrations). You can collect the claims and objection form in prescribed format in the Seva Kendras or at the LRCR offices.
THIS IS NOT THE FINAL NRC Applicants who do not find their names in the Complete Draft NRC will be given ample opportunity to prove their eligibility for inclusion in the final NRC. Such applicants are required to submit their Claim in the prescribed form.
There is also a provision to submit Objection against any ineligible name included in the complete Draft NRC Corrections can also be made in respect of errors in the spellings of names age address details etc.
FINAL NRC WILL BE PUBLISHED ONLY AFTER DISPOSAL OF ALL CLAIMS, OBJECTIONS & CORRECTIONS.
The process to file/Register claims and objections to Name correction / Re-Inclusion
Who can submit Claim or Objection for Non-Inclusion of Name in NRC Assam Final Draft?
- Only those applicants who submitted NRC Application Form until 31 August 2015 can submit.
- A valid ARN (Application Receipt Number) will be essential for submitting the Claim. A claim can be submitted with additional documents or with the same documents as submitted earlier.
- Objections can be submitted by any person. The objection will require submission of grounds for objection.
Where can the Claim and Objection be submitted?
- Claims can only be submitted at the NRC Seva Kendra (NSK) where the Claimant had earlier submitted the Application Form.
- Even if an applicant has changed the address after submission of Application Form, Claim can be submitted only at the NSK where the NRC Application was submitted originally
- Objections can be submitted only at the NSK covering the residence of the person against whom the objection has been submitted
- Caim or Objection is required to be submitted to the LRCR(Local Register of Citizenship Registrations) at the NSK.
When can the Claim, Objection and Correction forms be submitted?
Claims, Objections, and Correction forms will be received from 30″ August to 28 September 2018 at the NSK in the prescribed form.
How to get the forms?
- Forms for Claim, Objection, and Correction will be made available at the NSKs and also available for download from www.nrcassam.nic.in from 7 August 2018nwards.
- Specimen Forms are available for viewing and download in the website from 23 July 2018.
What to Submit with the Claim or Objection?
- As per reason of non-inclusion, claims can be submitted with additional documents or with the same documents as submitted earlier.
- Objection will require submission of grounds for objection
How to know the reasons for non-inclusion of names?
An application will be required to be submitted to the LRCR at the designated NSK asking for the reason of non-inclusion of names in the Complete Draft NRC. This process will start from 7 August 2018 to 28 September 2018. Form for this application will be available at the NSK and also available for download online at www.nrcassam.nic.in
Other Points to Be Noted:
- Complete Draft or Final NRC will contain particulars of only those persons born up to the date of submission of the Application Form (up to 31st August 2015) and whose names were submitted in the Application Form. The inclusion of any child born to an applicant after 31st August 2015 cannot be done through Claims.
- Similarly, if an applicant died after Application Form submission, his/her name in case eligible will not be excluded from the Complete Draft NRC.
NRC Supporting Documents:
The documents which you have to provide for admissible to inclusion in NRC Assam. There are two requirements for inclusion of names in the updated NRC. The first requirement is the list of documents A, where a person can prove himself residing in Assam prior to midnight of 24 March 1971. The list of Documents A are
- 1951 NRC OR
- Land & Tenancy Records OR
- Electoral Roll(s) up to 24th March 1971 (midnight) OR
- Refugee Registration Certificate OR
- Citizenship Certificate OR
- LIC OR
- Permanent Residential Certificate OR
- Govt. Service/ Employment Certificate OR
- Passport OR
- Birth Certificate OR
- Court Records/Processes.
- Any Govt. issued License/Certificate OR
- Bank/Post Office Accounts OR
- Board/University Educational Certificate OR
Again if there is no name of the applicant in the list of documents list A himself/herself, then the second requirement arises that of an ancestor, namely, father or mother or grandfather or grandmother or great grandfather or great grandmother (and so on) of the applicant. in the case, the applicants shall submit the list B documents below to establish the relation of such ancestor.
- Birth Certificate OR
- Bank/LIC/Post Office records OR
- Ration Card OR
- Land document OR
- Board/University Certificate OR
- Electoral Roll OR
- Circle Officer/GP Secretary Certificate in case of married women OR
- Any other legally acceptable document
Important Dates to Remember:
- Submission and Receipt of Claims, Objections, and Corrections Forms: 30th August to 28th September 2018
- Submission of Application to know reasons of Non-Inclusion of Names in Complete Draft NRC: 7th August to 28th September 2018
Don’t Miss Any New Update from Career Oye: