Last Date has been extended till 21 Jan 2018
Online applications are invited from the intending eligible candidates who are Citizens of India having registration in the Employment Exchange of the State of Assam, for filling up of 945 Nos. of existing vacancies under the Department of Panchayat and Rural Development.
The last date for submission of Online application is midnight of 16.01.2018.
PANCHAYAT AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT ASSAM Recruitment 2018 – Details of the Vacancies:
The total number of vacancies in various posts = 945 Nos.
- Extension Officer (Panchayat) – 74
- Jr. Asst. HQ – 24
- Gram Sevak & Gram Sevika – 147
- Junior Asstt. (Anchalik Panchayat) – 100
- Tax Collector-cum-Road Mohorar – 450
- Gaon Panchayat Secretary – 150
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION :
- For all category, the candidates must be Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University except for the post of Gaon Panchayat Secretary, the Candidate must be Commerce Graduate.
- Candidates must possess knowledge of Local Languages either Assamese/Bengali/Bodo in addition to the English Language for maintenance of office administration.
- The candidate should not be less than 18 years and more than 43 years as on
01.01.2017. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for ST/SC candidates.
- In case of Ex-Serviceman, the age limit is relaxable by two years.
The scale of Pay +Grade Pay + other allowances:
- Extension Officer (Panchayat) (Block) – Rs.14,000/- to Rs.49,000/- + Grade Pay Rs.7400/- of Pay Band -2
- Jr. Asst. HQ – Rs.14,000/- to Rs.49,000/- + Grade Pay Rs.6200/- of Pay Band -2
- Gram Sevak & Gram Sevika (Block) – Rs.14,000/- to Rs.49,000/- + Grade Pay Rs.6200/- of Pay Band -2
- Jr. Asstt. (Anchalik Panchayat) – Rs.14,000/- to Rs.49,000/- + Grade Pay Rs.5600/- of Pay Band -2
- Tax Collector-cum-Road Mohorar (Block/G.P) – Rs.14,000/- to Rs.49,000/- + Grade Pay Rs.5000/- of Pay Band -2
- Gaon Panchayat Secretary – Rs.14,000/- to Rs.49,000/- + Grade Pay Rs.7400/- of Pay Band -2
1. For General Candidate – Rs.250/- (Rupees two hundred fifty) only.
2. For SC/ST/OBC – Rs.150/- (Rupees one hundred fifty) only.
3. Candidates having BPL Certificate – Nil
(Certificate from the competent authority i.e. Deputy Commissioner/Addl. Deputy Commissioner/Asstt. Commissioner/Sub Div. Officer (C )/ Circle Officer/Block
Development Officer will only be accepted. Fees should be deposited through online only.
MODE OF SELECTION:
(a) The candidates whose applications are accepted will be required to appear in a written test which will be conducted in the 6 (six) centres in the state namely Guwahati, Bongaigaon, Tezpur, Silchar, Jorhat & Dibrugarh. There will be a common written examination except for that the post of Gaon Panchayat Secretary. The Commissioner, P&RD reserves the right to change the examination venues of the test and no representation etc. will be entertained in this regard.
(b) The written test will be of 100 marks and will be completely OMR based. There will be 100 questions and each question will be of 1 (one) mark. There will be negative marking of ½ mark for each wrong answer.
The questions will be set in three parts –
(i) Logical reasoning, aptitude, comprehension
(ii) Matters relating to History and Culture of Assam and India and
(iii) General Knowledge. Candidates will use black ball pen to answer the OMR based answer sheet. Duration of the test will be of 3 (three) hours.
(c ) As there will be one written test for all the categories except Gaon Panchayat
Secretary, candidates will have to indicate in order of preference of the advertised posts, the final merit list will be prepared on the basis of mark obtained and in order of preference and selection will be made on merit and roster point of SC/ST/OBC and PH candidates. For the post of Gaon Panchayat Secretary, a separate written test will be conducted and selection will be made on merit and roster point of SC/ST/OBC and PH candidates.
- Based on the aggregate performance of the candidates in the written Examination, merit list will be prepared category wise for the posts on Grading basis, subject to the condition of successful completion of their character and antecedents verification and satisfactory Medical report from the competent authorities. The total numbers of finally selected candidates will be equal to the numbers of the existing vacancies advertised. No waiting list will be maintained.
- The candidates who are employees of Govt. / PSUs / Autonomous bodies must apply through proper channel or obtain necessary permission in writing from the Competent Authority / Employer.
- The Final Merit List will be prepared for GP Secretary Post based on the Top Ranking No. of Posts.
e) There will be only ONE merit list for each category i.e. Unreserved /SC/ST(P)/ ST(H)/OBC & MOBC, separately for male and female for the entire State. There shall be no waiting list.
N.B: In case of a tie in marks, the candidate older in age will be placed higher in the merit list. Further, candidates having the same date of birth and have obtained equal marks, will be placed in the merit list according to higher education.
HOW TO APPLY:
CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY THROUGH ONLINE MODE ONLY, NO OTHER MODE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION IS ALLOWED.
- Instructions for filling up online form will be available on the department’s Website www.rural.assam.gov.in Candidates are advised to carefully go through the instructions provided in the above website while filling up forms.
- Since the applications are submitted online, the question of submission of applications through proper channel in case of the candidates already employed becomes redundant. However, such candidates shall intimate their appropriate appointing authority about the submission of application in writing.
- The candidates already employed should note that the prerogative for according permission to appear in Written Examinations / join services on being selected by the Panchayat and Rural Development Department in due course of time shall rest upon the appropriate authority. The Department shall not be in any way responsible/accountable.
- Online form may be filled up w.e.f. 10.00 AM of 22.12.2017 to 12.00 Midnight of 16.01.2018 only. No application can be filled up after the expiry of the given time as the link will be disabled.
- The details of the reservation of posts for Men & Women and category wise reservation for SC/ST/OBC/MOBC/PH are mentioned above.
Don’t Miss Any New Update from Career Oye: