Indian Oil, Marketing Division, Eastern Region invites applications for engagement of Technician/Trade Apprentices under multiple trades in Assam, Bihar, Odisha, West Bengal and Jharkhand.
Interested candidates can apply online from 04.12.2017 to 10.12.2017
Indian Oil, Marketing Division, Eastern Region Recruitment 2017 – Details of the Posts:
1.Name of the Post: Technician/Trade Apprentices
No. of Posts: 370
Assam – 87
Bihar – 43
Odisha – 42
West Bengal – 176
Jharkhand – 22
2.Name of the Post: Trade Apprentice Lab Assistant – (Chemical Plant)
No. of Posts: 11 (PWD) (In All States – Assam, Bihar, Odisha, West Bengal and Jharkhand)
- Technician Apprentice – Candidate must have Diploma in Engineering (3 Years Regular/Sandwich Course in Selected Disciplines)
- Trade Apprentice – Candidate must have passed Matric with 2 years ITI in selected trades
- Trade Apprentice Lab Assistant – (Chemical Plant) – B.Sc. (3 Years Regular Course in Selected Streams)
Minimum 18 years and maximum 24 years as on 01.12.2017( Relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST,i.e. up to max of 29 years, 3 years for OBC i.e. up to max of 27 years, for the posts reserved for them).
Candidates belonging to PWD categories shall be given age relaxation up to 10 years (up to 15 years for SC/ST and up to 13 years for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Candidates).
Period of Apprenticeship Training: 12 Months from date of Engagement.
- The selection process would consist of two stages i.e written test & personal interview. The written test will be of two hours duration & would comprise of objective type of questions with multiple choice on the relevant discipline, general knowledge/awareness, and reasoning/logical ability. There shall be no negative marking. The questions will be in bilingual ie., English and Hindi
- Obtaining minimum qualifying marks in the written test does not confer any right or claim by the candidate for being shortlisted for Personal Interview or the final selection, as the same is related to the number of positions, relative performance in respective categories.
- The written test and interview would carry a weightage of 85 % and 15 % respectively.
- Final selection will be based on aggregate of Written Test and Personal Interview marks. Candidates, in the order of merit, will be offered the apprenticeship.
- The candidates will have to qualify successfully through each stage of the selection process i.e. Written Test and Personal Interview (Minimum 40%, relaxable by 5% for candidates from SC/ST/PWD Categories against reserved positions) and Pre-engagement medical fitness for being adjudged suitable for engagement.
- Candidates are advised to ensure that they are medically fit as per IndianOil’s pre-employment medical standard. Candidates are advised to go through the “Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-employment medical Examination” before they commence the application process. The guidelines are available at the following link:https://www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/ Pre-employment_Guiding_Principles11th_mar_2011.pdf
How to apply:
1. The candidates meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria may apply online from 04.12.2017 through the link here – Apply Online
2. Only online mode of applications will be accepted. Paper-based applications will not be accepted.
3. After filling up the online application, the scanned copy of the latest color photograph, scanned copy of the documents namely proof of date of birth( Xth Std certificate/mark sheet), prescribed educational qualification, caste certificate(if applicable) and signature to be uploaded without fail. In the absence of any single document, the application shall be summarily rejected. Eligible candidates will be intimated by email/SMS for downloading admit card for written test.
4. Those applications which are incomplete/not uploaded with self-attested copies of certificates / not in line with the terms & condition will be liable for rejection.
Verification of documents –
The verification of the original documents shall be done at the time of conduct of the personal interview. The following original documents along with self-attested copy should be furnished at the time of interview –
a) Xth Std /SSLC/Matriculate certificate, mark sheet issued by the concerned education board as proof of date of birth.No other document will be accepted for verification of date of birth.
b) Latest caste certificate by reserved category candidates in the proforma prescribed by the Govt and issued by the competent authority only.
c) Certificate from the Institute stating that the candidate has pursued through regular mode and year of passing.
d) Semester wise /Year wise marksheets of Diploma in Engineering/B.Sc(PCM)/ITI Course.
e) Final Diploma in Engineering/B.Sc certificate /ITI issued by respective Board/NCVT.
Important Dates to Remember –
- Date Of Opening Of Online Application: : 04.12.2017
- Last Date Of Submission Of Online Application: : 10.12.2017
- Tentative Date of Written Test for all disciplines : To be informed
- Tentative dates for Personal Interview for all disciplines: To be informed
Don’t Miss Any New Update from Career Oye: