Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IIT Guwahati) invites online applications from eligible Indian Nationals for appointment to the post of Junior Assistant. Candidates are requested to apply online only. No other means/mode of application will be accepted. The appointment will be initially on contract basis for a period of three years and likely to be regularized based on performance. The last date of online application is 22.09.2017 till 5:00 PM.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati Recruitment – Details of the Post :
Name of the Post: JUNIOR ASSISTANT
No. of Vacancies: 20 (UR :11; OBC :07; SC: 01; ST : 01). The no. of posts may vary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
- Working knowledge of computer office applications.
Scale of Pay: Pay Band-1 Rs.5,200-20,200/-, Grade Pay = Rs.2000/-
Age: Maximum 27 years as on 22.09.2017. The upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-Serviceman as per GOI rules.
Application Fees: Candidates will have to make the payment of application fees through the online mode as under:
- Rs.300/- (for General/ OBC candidates) and
- Rs.150/- (for SC/ST/PWD candidates)
Selection will be made on the basis of the performance in the Written / Skill Test to be held by the Institute. The details of the pattern & syllabus of the tests will be uploaded in the Institute website when the date of the tests will be declared.
- Internal candidates of IIT Guwahati are requested to apply for NO Objection Certificate & reimbursement of application fee as applicable to the Registrar, IIT Guwahati through the concerned HOD/HOS/HOC of the Institute.
- Candidates belonging to OBC (NCL) category will have to upload OBC (NCL) certificate which should not be more than one year old (from the closing date of application). For those, who do not have such certificate, they may upload the freshly issued certificates within two months from the closing date of the application otherwise; these candidates will be considered as General Category candidates.
- Persons employed in Govt./Semi Govt. Organisations /Autonomous Bodies must upload a copy of NOC while submitting the application online.
- No physical copy of application/document is required to be sent.