Gauhati High Court has invited online applications from eligible candidates for appointment of 35 vacant posts in Grade III of Assam Judicial Service. Online applications will start from 12 PM of 20.09.2017 to till 5 PM of 09.10.2017.
Gauhati High Court Recruitment 2017 – Details of the Vacant Posts:
Total No. of Vacancies: 35 [UR-26, ST(H)-8]
Eligibility: Candidate must be a citizen of India having a Degree in Law from a recognized University established by Law in India.
- For SC/ST, maximum age should be 43 years
- For PWD, maximum age should be 48 years
- For others, maximum age should be 38 years
Scale of Pay: Rs.27,700-44,770/- Per Month plus other allowances as admissible under the rules.
- For SC/ST candidates – Rs.250/-
- For PWD Candidates – NIL
- For all other Candidates – Rs.500/-
After submission of the application form, Candidates have to take print out of the Fee Payment Challan and have to pay the fee amount at any branch of State Bank of India after two working days of submission of Online Application and the last date for payment of application fees is 13.10.2017. The mode of payment is Cash only at SBI branch.
The Competitive Examination shall consist of a Preliminary Examination (Screening Test), a Main (Written) Examination and Viva Voce/Interview.
- The candidates who will secure 60% marks or more marks in the Preliminary Examination shall be eligible for appearing in the Main Examination provided that the ratio on the basis of which the candidates will be called for the Main (written) Examination shall be 1:10 (for one post 10 candidates will be called).
- All candidates who obtain 60% or more marks in the Main Written Examination subject to securing at least 45% marks in individual Paper-I, II, III & IV and minimum 35% marks in the Official Language Paper (Paper V) shall be eligible for Viva Voce provided that SC/ST candidates who obtain 50% marks or more aggregate marks in the Main Written Examination subject to securing minimum 40% marks in individual paper-I, II, III and IV and minimum 35% marks in the Language Paper (Paper V) shall be called for Viva Voce.
- The marks secured in the Language Paper shall be qualifying in nature and shall not be counted in the aggregate marks secured by the candidates in the examinations for the purpose of final selection.
- The ratio in which the candidates will be called for Viva-Voce/Interview is 1:3 (3 candidates will be called for 1 post) subject to marks obtained as stated above.
- Interview/Viva Voce: 50 Marks. The candidates shall have to secure minimum 60% marks in the interview.
The final evaluation will be in order of merit subject to overall suitability of the candidate.
How to Apply: Candidates fulfilling all the eligibility criteria can submit their application forms available at www.ghconline.gov.in from 12 PM of 20.09.2017 to 5 PM of 09.10.2017.
Important Dates to Remember for Gauhati High Court Recruitment 2017:
- Starting Date of Online Application – 20.09.2017, 12 PM
- Last Date of Online Application – 09.10.2017, 5 PM
- Last Date for fees payment – 13.10.2017 till bank transaction hour