Online applications are invited from students studying in class X for the State Level National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) 2018. The last date for submission of Online Applications is 20.09.2017 till 5:00 PM.
Eligibility: Students of class-X studying in Government, Local Body, Government Aided Private Schools are eligible to appear.
Details of the Scholarship under NTSE 2018
1 (one) thousand scholarships are to be awarded for different stages of education to students as follows –
- Scholarship of Rs.1,250/- per month for Class XI to XII
- Scholarship of Rs.2,000/- per month for Undergraduates and Post Graduates
- The amount of scholarship for Ph.D. will be fixed in accordance with the UGC norms
Reservation: Assam State Quota is 89
- 15% scholarship will be given to students belonging to SC category
- 7.5% scholarship will be given to students belonging to ST category
- 4% scholarship will be given to Physically Challenged Group of Students
Selection: Students for awarding scholarship will be selected in two stages. Stage-I, selection will be done by State/UTs
Stage-II – Qualifying candidates of Stage-I will be eligible to appear for Stage-II examination to be conducted by NCERT
Qualifying Marks – For General category candidates qualifying marks is 40% in each paper and 32% in each paper for SC, ST & PH category students
Note – Qualifying in nature and marks obtained for Language Test will not be counted for final merit.
- For General Category – Rs.150/-
- For SC/ST Category – Rs.100/-
How to Apply:
Interested students may visit official website www.madhyamik.in for Online Application. The online application will start at 11:00 AM on 01.09.2017
For submitting the online application, candidates will have to deposit fee in any SBI branch by e-challan generated through the Online Portal.
Important dates to remember for State Level NTSE 2018:
- Starting date of Online Application – 01.09.2017 (11:00 AM Onwards)
- Last date of Online Application – 20.09.2017 (Till 5:00 PM)
- Last date for Submission of Application fee in Bank – 25.09.2017
- Downloading of Admit Card – on or after 20.09.2017
- Date of Examination – 5th November 2017 (Sunday)
Contact Details Regarding Any Confusion:
- Contact Person – K.U. Ahmed, Liaison Officer Dy. D.S.E. – 0361-2381657 (Call to be made during office hours only)
- Helpline – 098692-26648 (Monday to Saturday – 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM)