Online applications are invited from candidates having registration in Employment Exchanges in the state of Assam for recruitment to the post of Stenographer Grade III (English and Language) for Assam Secretariat, Government of Assam, Janata Bhawan, Dispur. Details of the posts are as below –
Assam Secretariat Recruitment 2017 – Recruitment for Stenographer Grade III:
Name of the Post: Stenographer Grade III (English and Language)
No. of Vacancies: Total 57
– Stenographer Grade III (English) 32
– Stenographer Grade III (Language) 25
- ST(P) Category – English = 3, Language = 2
- ST (H) Category – English = 2, Language = 2
- SC Category – English = 3, Language = 1
- OBC/MOBC Category – English = 13, Language = 10
- Unreserved Category – English = 11, Language = 10
- PWD Category – English = 3%, Language = 3%
- Reservation for Women = 30% (in all categories)
- Reservation for Ex-Servicemen = 2% (in all categories)
Educational Qualification for Stenographer Post – Assam Secretariat Recruitment 2017:
- Candidates should be Graduate in Arts, Science or Commerce from a recognized University or a degree equivalent thereto and recognized by the Government.
- Candidates having National Trade Certificate in Stenography from ITI in Assam by the National Council for Vocational Trade after 1st August 1975 and Diploma in Stenography from Government recognized Polytechnic of the State.
Age Limit: Not less than 18 years and not more than 43 years as on 01.01.2017. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC and ST candidates.
The scale of Pay:
Pay Band (2) Rs.14,000-49,000/- + Grade Pay Rs.7,400/- plus other allowances as admissible under rules
- General Category = Rs.250/-
- SC/ST/OBC Category = Rs.150/-
- Candidates having BPL Certificates = NIL
Candidates have to pay the amount through Treasury Challan to the Head of Account “0070-Other Administrative Services-60-Other Services-800-Other Receipts”.
Mode of Selection: Written Test and Stenography Proficiency Test
- Written Test (Phase-I): Candidates whose applications are accepted will be required to appear in a written examination to be held at different examination zones – Guwahati, Jorhat, Tezpur, Kokrajhar, and Silchar
- Stenography Proficiency Test (Phase-II): Against each vacancy 4 candidates will be short listed on the basis of their marks in the written test to appear in the Stenography Proficiency Test. The test will be held in Guwahati.
The pattern of the Written Test & Stenography Proficiency Test:
Written Test will be of 100 marks with Multi Choice Question (MCQ) for 2 hours duration, which will be administered through OMR sheets. Minimum qualifying marks will be 50 Marks.
Pattern of the Stenography Proficiency Test as below –
How to Apply for Stenographer Post at Assam Secretariat:
Eligible and interested candidates will have to apply in prescribed form through online mode only. The online form will be available on the website – www.recruitmentaim.in. Candidates will be required to upload latest passport size photographs, photocopies of all necessary documents, Original Copy of Treasury Challan etc.
Period of Online Application: Online application will be started from 04.09.2017 to Midnight of 06.10.2017