The Assam Public Service Commission will hold a competitive examination for filling up of 34 (thirty-four) posts in Class-I, Grade III cadre of Assam Finance Service including the post for reserved categories.
The application will be received till 24-08-2018 only during office hours.
APSC – Assam Finance Service Recruitment 2018 – Details of the Posts:
Name of the Post: Assam Finance Service (in the cadre of Finance & Accounts Officer/ Treasury Officer)(Class I Grade III)
No. of Posts: 34 (Thirty Four)
1.Nationality – The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
2. Age – The candidate should not be less than 21 years of age and more than 38 years of age as on 01.01.2018.
Relaxation of age:- The upper age limit is relaxable
- By 5 years for SC/ST candidates i.e. up to 43 years.
- By 3 years for OBC/MOBC candidates i.e. up to 41 years as per Govt. Notification No. ABP.6/2016/9 dated Dispur the 25th April, 2018.
- For Persons with Disabilities (PWD) by 10 years i.e. up to 48 years irrespective of SC/ST/OBC and General category of candidates as per Govt. OM No. ABP 144/95/121 dated Dispur the 28th October, 2015.
The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the Matriculation/ HSLC Admit Card/ Certificate issued by a recognized Board/ Council, and no other document shall be accepted in lieu of the above-mentioned documents.
3. Educational Qualification – The minimum educational qualification of a candidate shall be a degree in Arts/ Science /Commerce of a University recognized by the State Government. Candidates must possess the prescribed qualification on the date of submission of their applications. Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination for eligibility on the closing date of submission of the application need not apply
Scale of Pay: Pay Band 4, Rs.30,000 to Rs.1,10,000 with Grade Pay of Rs.12,700 plus other allowances.
Original Treasury receipt for Rs.250.00 (Rupees Two hundred and fifty only) for General candidates, Rs.150.00 (Rupees One hundred and fifty only) for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/ MOBC community as fee for the direct recruitment to the post of FAO/TO (Class I, Grade-III) of Assam Finance Service in the Finance Estt.(B) Deptt. under the Head of Account viz. “NON TAX REVENUE, OTHER NON TAX REVENUE 0051 PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, 105 STATE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION / APPLICATION FEE RECEIPT OF THE ASSAM PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION” as per Finance (Estt.-A) Department’s Notification No.FEG 32/2016/8 dated 28th October, 2016 furnished along with the Personnel-(B) Department’s letter No.ABP.60/ 2014/11 dated 02-02-2018.
The fees are not refundable and no other mode of deposit of fee other than through Treasury Challan shall be accepted.
- BPL – As per Govt. Notification No. FEG.32/2016/8-A dated Dispur the 28th October 2016, the application fees for all posts under the State Govt. of Assam for candidates having BPL certificate is nil (Candidates having BPL certificate should enclose a photocopy of the certificate along with the application form).
- PWD – As per Govt. Notification No. ABP 144/95/121 dated Dispur the 28th October 2015 for persons with disabilities (PWD) candidates, the application fees for all posts under the Govt. of Assam is nil. (PWD candidates should enclose along with the application form photocopy of the relevant certificate from a competent authority).
How to apply for APSC – Assam Finance Service Recruitment 2018:
Candidates shall be required to download the prescribed application form from the website: www.apsc.nic.in (“Application Form DR”) and send the duly filled application with the following documents:
- Original Treasury receipt
- One copy of recent passport size photograph to be properly pasted on the space provided in the application form with good quality adhesive/ glue. Another copy should also be enclosed with the application.
- Age-proof certificate (Admit Card/ Certificate of HSLC or equivalent exam).
- Caste Certificate in respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/MOBC community issued by the competent authority.
- ID Card/ Certificate in respect of PWD candidates issued by the competent authority.
Since the practice of furnishing attested copies of certificates has since been discontinued by the Government, the applicant shall furnish photostat copies of the above-mentioned documents declared by the candidate himself/ herself as ‘Certified to be true copy of the original’ along with the application. However, in the case of detection of any false declaration made by the candidate/ applicant, he/she will be penalized as per rules /law.
A candidate should not submit more than one application. The envelope sending the application should be superscripted ‘Assam Finance Service Examination, 2018’ on top of the envelope and it should be addressed to the Secretary, APSC, Jawaharnagar, Khanapara, Guwahati-22.
Selection Process of APSC – Assam Finance Service Recruitment 2018:
THE EXAMINATION WILL CONSIST OF THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS –
1. Subject – Precis and Drafting; Time – 3Hours; Marks – 100
2. Subject – General English and General Knowledge; Time – 3Hours; Marks – 100
3. Subject – Financial Rules and Accounts; Time – 3Hours; Marks – 150
4. Viva-Voce – Marks 50
(The Viva-Voce test will be held in respect of those candidates who have qualified in the Written Examination).
SYLLABUS OF APSC – Assam Finance Service Recruitment 2018:
- For Precis and Drafting & General English and General Knowledge
– The standard will be determined by the Assam Public Service Commission.
2. For Financial Rules and Accounts
i. An Introduction to Indian Government Accounts and Audit:-
- Chapter-6 General Structure of Financial Administration in India.
- Chapter-8 Working of Treasury
- Chapter-11 Classification of Receipts and Expenditure in Government Accounts
ii. Account Code Vol-I:-
- Chapter-2 General outlines of the system of Accounts
- Chapter 3 General principles and methods of Accounts (Excluding Arts 38 to 41)
iii. Account Code Vol-II:-
- Chapters III and IV
iv. Assam Financial Rules:-
- Chapter –II (Definitions)
- Chapter –III (General Principles)
- Chapter-V Pay allowance General Rules
v. Assam Treasury Rules and S.O.:-
- Entire books
vi. Fundamental Rules:-
- Chapter –II
- Chapter –III
- Chapter-XI and Revised leave Rules 1934.
Don’t Miss Any New Update from Career Oye: